What is GATE Exam ?
GATE stand for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is a popular national level entrance examination generally conducted by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore & seven zonal IITs (at Delhi, Bombay, Guwahati, Kharagpur, Kanpur, Madras & Roorkee). This year, the exam to be processed by IIT Madras. The authority conducts this exam on behalf of the National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
Qualifying in GATE Exam is essential for the admission into Master’s programs & direct Doctoral programs in Engineering / Technology / Architecture & Doctoral program in the relevant branches of Science. Along with that, there are a number of PSU’s which recruits candidates based on GATE score.
GATE 2020 Syllabus & Exam Pattern
If are you excited to know what’s new in GATE 2020 Exam, then Yes, you’ll find some changes in upcoming GATE exam. For the convenience of our students, we are describing the changes which have made in GATE last year. We have also provided few changes introduced in GATE exam 2020.
GATE 2020 – Branch wise
General Aptitude (GA) – Compulsory Paper
- Aerospace Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Architecture & Planning
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science and Information Technology
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Ecology & Evolution
- Engineering Sciences Syllabus
- Geology & Geophysics
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Life Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Production & Industrial Engineering
- Textile Engineering & Fibre Science
Here you can get information about GATE Eligibility Criteria for the 2020 exam from below.
Eligibility Criteria For GATE 2020:
There is no min or max age limit prescribed to appear for the GATE 2020 examination. GATE eligibility criteria 2020 consists of nationality, academic qualifications & age limit criteria. There is no limit on number of attempts to appear or apply for the examination. However, the eligibility criteria for M.Tech admission through GATE score may vary as per the participating institute.
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering /Technology)
- Bachelor’s degree holders of Architecture (5 years course)
- Bachelor’s degree in Science (Post-Diploma/4 years after 10+2)
- Master’s degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent
- Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering/Technology (4 years program)
- Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering/Technology (5 years program)
- Integrated M.Sc. or 5 years integrated B.S.-M.S. program
- B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch. equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India & so on)
What is new in GATE 2020 ?
Important Dates for GATE Exam 2020.
- GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website will open on Tuesday 3rd September 2019
- Closing Date for Submission of (Online) Application will be on Tuesday 24th September 2019
- Extended Closing Date for Submission of (Online) Application will be on Tuesday 1st October 2019
- Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City (an additional fee will be applicable) Friday 15th November 2019
- Admit Card will be available in the Online Application Portal (for printing) Friday 3rd January 2020
- GATE 2020 Examination
Forenoon: 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon (Tentative)
Afternoon: 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM (Tentative) 1st February 2020
2nd February 2020
8th February 2020
9th February 2020
- Announcement of the Results in the Online Application Portal Monday 16th March 2020
GATE 2020: Know how to apply
- The willing candidates need to visit the official website at gate.iitd.ac.in.
- A new page will appear on the screen where a candidate needs to enter relevant details as asked, click on the submit button.
- After the registration process is complete, log in using the id & password, Click on the link- apply online.
- An application form will display on the screen where one needs to provide the information as required.
- Upload the form along with relevant documents as asked for, Upload digital signature & photo also.
- After all, check the application form once more. If all correct, then submit.
- Download the form & take a print out for the future purpose.
For more details, please visit the official website.