Syllabus for Computer Science & Information Technology Exam Group – JE (IT)
1. PC Software : MS-Windows, MS-Word, MS-Excel & MS-Power Point
2. Computer fundamentals : Evolution of Computers, Hardware & Software, Internet.
3. C Language : Structure, Loop, Control Statements, Arrays, Pointers, Functions, Structure and Union, Files
4. Computer Organisation : Number Systems, Logic Gates, Flip-Flops, Boolean Algebra, DMA, Instruction Sets.
5. Information Systems : Information concepts, Hardware & Software, Overview of Communication Systems, E-Commerce
6. Data Structure using C++ : Object oriented Programming, Data Structures, Stack, Queue, Pointers, Linked List, Searching & Sorting Algorithms
7. DBMS fundamentals : BASIC, Data Models, RDBMS, Relational Algebra, SQL, DDL, DML and DCL Statements, Creating Tables, Equi-Joints, Self Joins, PL/SQL, Functions, Cursor and Triggers.
8. System Programming : Back-ground, Assemblers, Loaders and Linkers, Macro Processors, Compilers
9. Operating System using LINUX : Operating System, Types, Features & Basic Architecture of Unix/Linux System, Unix File System & Structure, Linux Commands for files and directories, Filters and Pipes, Process, Creating and Editing Files with VI Editor, System Administration, Role of System Administrator, Managing User Accounts.
10. Web Technologies and Programming : Internet & Intranet, Hardware & Software like Bus, Ethernet, LAN, Routers, Gateways, Bridge, Switches, Subnet etc. Internet Service Provider, Backbones, NAPs, URL, Domain Names, Email, Web Server and Proxy Server, Web Caches, Web Browser like Internet Explorer, Internet Viruses, Internet Security Issues, Firewall, Data Encryption, Digital Signatures and Certificates, Creating the Website and Home Page, HTML Programming Basics, Syntax and Rules, Search and Search
Engine for Internet, Outlook Express and Front Page.
11. System Analysis and Design: System components; system planning: Fact finding techniques: Tools for documenting procedure and decisions; Structured
Analysis: Data flow analysis; flow diagrams; Data dictionary; Application Prototype: System Design: software development
specification; Design – Input, output, files, control. Procedure, Program specification etc: Design of computer output & its
12. Data and Network Communication: Data Communication – Distributed processing network criteria, protocol and standards. Topologies etc. OSI model, layers. TPC/IP protocol. Digital to Digital Conversion, Digital to analog Conversion, Digital data transmission. Standards, Modems, Cable Modem. Transmission media Guided & Unguided Media, Performance, Wave length; Multiplexing, DSL. Error detection and correction, VRC, LRC, CRC, Ethernet, Token Bus, Token Ring.
13. Java Programming: JAVA and Internet: Support systems and environment; JVM: Data Type: program structure. Constants & Variables, Type Casting; Operators, Class, Creating Objects, Class Members, Constructors, Overloading, Inheritance, Arrays. Creating Threads: Threads Class; Thread Methods; Thread Priority; Synchronization. Applets: Executable Applet, Adding Applet to HTML, File; passing Parameters to Applets.
14. Software Engineering: Software Process – life cycle models; system engineering:
- Software Requirements – Functional and non-functional; prototyping; verification; validation.
- Design Concepts and Principles – design heuristic; architectural design; user interface design; system design; SCM process.
- Software testing – types of test; testing strategies; integration and validation testing system testing and debugging. Software
- Project Management – Measures and measurements; cost estimation; Task Network; Error Tracking; CASE tools.