Introduction to Python for Beginners
What is Python?
- Python is an easy to learn, powerful programming language.
- It has efficient high-level data structures and a simple but effective approach to object-oriented programming.
- An ideal language for scripting and rapid application development Ideal language for machine learning and AI implementations Python is an interpreted language.
- Python enables programs to be written compactly and readably.
- Programs written in Python are typically much shorter than equivalent C, C++, or Java programs, for several reasons:
- The high-level data types allow you to express complex operations in a single statement;
- statement grouping is done by indentation instead of beginning and ending brackets;
- No variable or argument declarations are necessary.
- The language is named after the BBC show “Monty Python’s Flying Circus” and has nothing to do with reptiles
Next Python 2.x vs 3.x